Wednesday 15 January 2014

Winter Words


During the dead days of winter, feeling life’s dull ache, it is good to read these hopeful words, a paraphrased excerpt from Isaiah 43:

“O people, this is what the one who created you says:
Don’t be afraid, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through flood waters, I will be with you
and they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire, the flame shall not consume you.
For I am your God,
the Holy One, your Saviour.
You are precious in my sight,
and honoured,
and I love you.
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.

I, I am the One,
and besides me there is no saviour.
I am your Holy One,
the Creator. 
Yet you did not call upon me; you have been weary of me.
I, I am the one
who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,

and I will not remember your sins.

I am about to do a new thing.
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.”

Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwTmjJ_g5PY